Valentine’s Cookies for That Special Someone
Nothing says Valentine’s Day like red velvet! Not only is red velvet the perfect Valentine’s Day color, it is also perfectly paired with white chocolate! But we’re not talking about cake, we are talking about deliciously, chewy red velvet sugar cookies. This recipe is the perfect choice to win over the heart of that special someone in your life. Don’t believe us? Give the recipe a try and let us know what you think!
Here’s what you need:
4 tbsp. of unsalted butter (melted)
1/3 cup of granulated sugar (and a little extra for rolling)
1 large egg yolk
½ tsp of vanilla extract
½ tsp. of red gel food coloring
2 tbsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ tsp. of baking soda
1/8 tsp. of fine salt
6 white chocolate heart candies (or the candy of your choice)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Next, prepare your baking sheet.
We recommend using the Cooks Innovations Non-Stick Liner Roll. Unlike parchment paper, the Non-Stick Liner Roll can be reused a thousand times on each side and allows for effortless food release! Get yours here.
2. Stir the melted butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and red food coloring together in a bowl. Stir until it is well combined.
3. Next, sprinkle the flower, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt evenly over the dough and stir.
4. Press the dough flat and evenly in the bowl and then divide it in half (each half should give you 3 cookies).
5. Roll each dough ball in your hand, roll lightly the extra granulated sugar, and then space them out evenly on your baking sheet.
6. Bake the cookies for 10 – 12 minutes, or until they spread and start to crackle and appear dry on top.
7. Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving them to a wire rack for cooling.
8. Once the cookies are cooled for about 10 minutes, press the white chocolate heart candy into the center of each cookie.
9. Place the cookies in the fridge to set for an extra 30 minutes.
10. Bring the cookies to room temperature and then they are ready to be served!
These cookies are sure to put a smile on your special someone’s face! Just try not to enjoy them yourself before you can gift them! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter for more delicious and sweet Valentine’s Day recipes!
- Cooks Innovations